Friday, June 5, 2009

With tips from "Threads," you can craft like a pro!




I am not a crafty person. Not remotely. This has always been a great disappointment to my mother, who's an expert seamstress, exquisite drapery-maker, a whiz with a needle and thread. I, on the other hand, use scotch tape to hem my skirts.

But... I aspire to be crafty. And when I flip through Threads Magazine, I actually get inspired. Sometimes, I even feel like I can make some of their (simpler) projects.

If you want to jump on the ever-so-hip and trendy bandwagon of crafting, Threads isn't a bad place. Hey, if nothing else, you might just learn how to hem properly or sew a button. I'm working on it.

Plus, if I could do my own alterations, think of how much money I could save on tailoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment